Skip to content
News – Manitoba Ombudsman
- Manitoba Ombudsman investigates administrative actions related to the procurement of flood fighting equipment – Jul 7, 2015
Manitoba Ombudsman Charlene Paquin has determined that, pursuant to section 15 of The Ombudsman Act, her office will investigate whether the processes undertaken by the Manitoba civil service, related to the funding and procurement of flood fighting equipment between July 2014 and January 2015, were consistent with relevant requirements set out in legislation and policy.
- The 2015-2 issue of OmbudsNews is available – Jun 24, 2015
The 2015-2 issue of OmbudsNews is available.
- Manitoba Ombudsman adds nine new investigation reports to website – Jun 22, 2015
Manitoba Ombudsman has posted nine new investigation reports on its website – five under The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and four under The Ombudsman Act.
- Manitoba Ombudsman releases 2014 annual reports – Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba Ombudsman Charlene Paquin has released her office’s annual reports for the calendar year 2014, including a report under The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and The Personal Health Information Act (PHIA) and a separate report under The Ombudsman Act and The Public Interest Disclosure (Whistleblower Protection) Act (PIDA).
- Charlene Paquin appointed Manitoba Ombudsman – May 5, 2015
Charlene Paquin was appointed Manitoba’s new ombudsman effective May 4, 2015.
- Acting Manitoba Ombudsman Mel Holley announces retirement – Apr 27, 2015
After three years and four months as acting Manitoba Ombudsman, Mel Holley has announced his retirement.
- The 2015-1 issue of OmbudsNews is available – Apr 15, 2015
The 2015-1 issue of OmbudsNews is available.
- Manitoba Ombudsman releases privacy guidelines about publishing online decisions for administrative tribunals – Apr 14, 2015
To help administrative tribunals comply with Manitoba’s privacy laws – The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and The Personal Health Information Act (PHIA) – Manitoba Ombudsman has developed Privacy Guidelines for Administrative Tribunals on the Online Publication of Decisions.
- Manitoba Ombudsman posts 17 FIPPA and PHIA investigation reports online – Mar 18, 2015
Manitoba Ombudsman has posted 17 new investigation reports under The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and The Personal Health Information Act on its website.
- Manitoba Ombudsman initiates review of Winnipeg Regional Health Authority privacy breach under PHIA – Mar 17, 2015
Earlier today, the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA) held a press conference to advise the public about a privacy breach involving the inappropriate access by a former WRHA employee to the health information of at least 56 people. Our office was made aware of this breach on March 6, when the WRHA was in the preliminary stages of its investigation.